The initiative of Human Resources Development Agency is part of promoting the activities of the newly opened "Creative Center" in Ruse, which aims to support the development of creative industries in the North Central region through training of young people in various fields of creative industries.
Our first initiative is the organization of this course for young people from 14 to 18. The course will be conducted entirely online by teachers of "Creative Center Ruse". It is planned to start on January 6, 2021, and its duration will be 4 weeks. Students can apply by submitting a short motivational presentation on why they want to study the program. Cover letters can be submitted to email@example.com until December 29, 2020. After reviewing the essays, 20 young people will be selected to receive scholarships to participate in these courses.
This training will be conducted under the CODE project, funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through grants from the EEC and the Norwegian Youth Employment Fund. The aim of the CODE project is to provide quality employment opportunities for vulnerable young people at risk of poverty.
Adobe Photoshop is a photo editing software application. It offers users a huge opportunity to create, enhance or edit images, works of art and illustrations.
It is the most widely used software tool for photo editing, image manipulation and retouching for multiple image and video file formats.
The Photoshop for Beginners course is aimed at people who want to take their first steps in graphic design, to learn to create beautiful and eye-catching visions of all kinds. You don't need to have previous experience with Photoshop.
In the course you will learn about the basic tools in Photoshop and how to use them for different purposes.
The course has a practical focus, giving the opportunity to apply what has been learned after the first lecture.
What is the form of training?
Online form of training:
- Lectures will be conducted through Zoom.
- The training materials will be uploaded in a special online training platform that allows you to watch the lectures and practice at a time convenient for you. You will have full access to the training materials for an unlimited period of time, which allows you to upgrade your knowledge at a pace convenient for you.
How much does the training in the course cost?
The course is free. Scholarships for each student will be covered by the Human Resources Development Agency
Each learner must have a desktop or laptop device on which he can install the program in order to work with it.
4 weeks a total of 36 hours, lectures and exercises - 3 days a week.
After the start of each course, the lecturer and the students will choose together on which days and hours the course will be held. But even if you miss the lecture, it will be uploaded to the training platform and you will be able to watch it at any time. You will be able to leave questions to the training material in the system itself at any time.
Main topics of the training:
Lesson 1. Introduction to the course. Introduction to Photoshop and basic technical concepts
- Introduction to the program interface and raster images;
- Color models - Color modes (RGB, CMYK);
- Sizes, resolutions and types of photo extensions
Lesson 2. Basic actions in Photoshop
- Create files;
- Working with layers;
- Navigation and work with the document: Hand tool, zooming, image size and resolutions, new view and duplicate, canvas size, crop;
- Save in different formats
Lesson 3. Basic actions in Photoshop
- Selection, types of selections, transformation of selections, cutting and rubbing;
- Introduction to Pen tool;
- Adding and working with text;
- What are masks, types of masks, practical applications
Lesson 4. Color corrections and creative manipulations
- Dodge and burn tools;
- Adjustment layers;
- Blending modes;
Lesson 5. Exercise - Practical work on course projects - Capturing an image with a mobile phone / camera; Explaining the basic rules when shooting - landscape, portrait; Capture a pre-selected subject; Export files to Facebook, Instagram.
Lesson 6. Final of the course
- Presentation of the projects to the students
Link to the training platform: https://creativeeurope.digital/learning/